Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The word is out

The kids are starting to find out about us being gone next year, now we need to find some way to tell them all and encourage them to stay in band/choir. 

Today I had a kid ask what college I was going to and another kid said I already went to college, but the first replied something about how I was going back to school.  I didn't address the situation yet because I don't really know what or how I want to say it to the kids.  One student did talk with me after school about our plans so I did tell her what was going on.  It is very exciting news to tell people, but at the same time, I don't want to scare my students or upset them. 

Emily had a similar situation today as well.  One of the classes (not one she teaches) got to talking about the difference between a visa and passport and somehow the fact that we were leaving got brought up. 

Now we need to figure out how to tell the students and put their minds at ease.  Looks like Friday is going to be the day for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment