Saturday, May 25, 2013

Replaced

So, yesterday I met the person who is taking our place at the school next year.  She will be taking on the 6-8 bands and choirs at Logan, and 5th grade band at Reagan, so it is a mixture of my position and Brandon's position.  Mrs. Holmes, who currently teaches K-3 general music will be adding 4th and 5th to her job.  So music in Princeton Elementary will be a little different next year.  I hope the transition happens smoothly.  I hate to see kids quit just because we left, or because they don't know the new person, etc.  But she seems very nice and she has plenty of experience teaching in other schools.  She will be helping us with summer band so she will get to know some of the kids and they will get to know her.

I think meeting her yesterday made this whole thing more real.  Thursday night we had 8th grade graduation and I said "goodbye" to the students that I started with in 5th grade!  They have all grown up so much and I wish I could watch them grow even more while in high school, but I know they will do well!  I wish them and all the students the best in the future!

In other news....we paid our £3000 deposit for Brandon's school.  Still have to pay my £3000 deposit, but the credit card company did not like the random payment in pounds and declined it right away, so Brandon called and cleared it all up!  Next step in the process is to apply for the visa!

105 days left!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment